5.Hoi An Countryside Tour & Old Town Explorerhungletravel
- Hoi An Countryside Tour & Old Town Explorer is the best ways to explore Hoi An old town and join in many local activities.
- Our guests will join in making ceramic makings at Thanh Ha Pottery.
- Join in basket boat tour riding and demonstrating and fishing with local fishermen.
- Our guests also join in buffaloes riding adventure with our local farmers.
- Get deep inside the local life that other tours can not offer.
- Flexible,private and customized tour with your preferred itinerary.
- Accompanied with you is a nice Hung Le sister or brother who can serve you as a professional local guide,like a family member, for taking care of you for a wonderful trip.
*What to expect:
We take our guests to visit beautiful villages and join in many local activities as below;
1.Thanh Ha Pottery Village:
Thanh Ha Pottery village is away Hoi An town for 5kms.Thanh Ha pottery village has formed and developed for 500 years and together with the development of Hoi An trading port. The products made by the villagers mainly serve the daily lives of the native people in domestic markets. The pottery products include bowls, jars, pots, animal shapes, in multi-forms and colors, and they are lighter than the same products in other places. Also some products such as bricks, yin-yang tiles… were supplied to construct houses, temples, bridges… and formed a bold architectural ensemble tradition in Hoi An.
2.Tra Que Village:
Visiting Tra Que Village, you will be fascinated by watching the farming procedures of local farmers, including: raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other activities which are rarely seen in modern daily life. Moreover, tourists can listen to people talking about organic farming techniques and try their hand at actual farming. The farmers don’t use chemical or fertilizers but a kind of algae found only in a lagoon in Tra Que. Thanks to this technique, Tra Que herbs and veggies are widely recognized for their quality, safety and especially outstanding taste and flavor.
Travelling to Cam Thanh water coconut village, you can take a boat on the canal to visit the water coconut and experience local like activities. Nevertheless, the boat cannot go deeper into the water coconut jungle. Because of that, we would recommend you go on a bamboo basket boat. That way would be much more convenient as well as having a chance for you to experience a simple life of people living in the river area where they almost use bamboo basket as the main way of transportation and you also learn to catch the fish by throwing fishing net and experience local fishermen for basket boat riding and demonstrating.
Then we have light lunch with local foods( Cao Lau-Noodles) and Vietnamese ice coffee for a rest before we take a walking tour in Hoi An town to explore these places in Hoi An old town:
1.Japanese Bridge.In the early 17th century the Japanese settlers built it to make it easier to do business with the local people in the residential area. Later the Chinese and Vietnamese continued to restore the bridge and built a small temple, dedicated to the God of the North.Throughout the centuries the bridge became famous for its supernatural powers and it is still a sanctuary for the local people.
2.Tran Ancestor Worshiping House.
Erected in the 19th century, Tran Ancetor Worship House is a typical building of ancestor worship houses in Hoi An. It was built as a Vietnamese garden house with three main horizontal parts and two wings. It reflects the Vietnamese tradition and proves the economic and cultural exchange between Vietnam and China in the former centuries
3.Phung Hung Ancient House:This is the most famous ancient house in Hoi An. It was built in 1780, when the city was prospering. The owners kept the original documents about the architecture, culture and lifestyle of Hoi An. However, as far as we were concerned all you could see there were souvenirs and paintings for sale. Quite a shame as the house had a really beautiful and interesting decor.
4.Chinese Assembly Halls:A small but yet impressive temple with a lovely courtyard and a beautiful statue of a dragon and a carp. The place wasn’t too crowded when we visited and it was a pleasure to walk around and admire the architecture.The Assembly Hall was built in the 18th century and its main altar is dedicated to Quan Cong, one of the legendary Chinese military generals.
5.Local Central Market.A real treat for those who love shopping. At Central Market in Hoi An you can buy everything – fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, but you can also make a suit or a dress at a tailor or stock up on souvenirs for family and friends. It is a unique place where tourist industry mixes with traditional way of life.
You can visit Hoi An old town on foot, watching or posing to take photos of the lantern, daily life.. Walking in the full moon night is a special experience, see the bright lantern booths hanging along the street, shop the handicrafts souvenir.
- Daily start:Any time between:7.am to 4.pm.
- Hoi An Countryside Tour & Old Town Explorer starts after meeting up in 10 minutes.
- Visit Thanh Ha Pottery Village for join in ceramic makings.
- Visit Tra Que Village for learn about vegetable farming.
- Take a trip to coconut forest to experience about basket boat trip and learn about fishing life.
- Taste local food(Cao Lau ) as your light lunch and Vietnamese coffee at our local fishermen’s house
- Walking to Hoi An town.
- Visit Japanese Bridge.
- Old Houses and Chinese Assembly Halls.
- Drop you back your hotel after 6-8 hours trip.
- Pick up and drop off in Hoi An or Danang(Included Danang Airport,Train/Bus station/Tien Sa Sea Port).
- All Entrance Tickets.
- Local guide with English speaking.
- Cold mineral water and cold towels.
- Local food(Cau Lau-Noodles) at Coconut Forest.
- Banh My(Vietnam baguette) in Hoi An town.
- 1 Item of local beer/guest.
- Local gift.
- Other personal expenses.
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- Travel Insurance.
- 80 USD/Guest(Group 2-4 guests).
- 65 USD/Guesr(Group 5-10 guests).
- 50 usd/Guest(Group 11-15 guest)
- Children is half price.
- Infants is free.
- Hoi An Countryside Tour & Old Town Explorer is private,customized and flexible with any request.
- Tour run with minimum with 2 guests.
- Children upper 1.4.m is considered as a adult.
- Children under 1.4.m is considered as a child.
- Hoi An Countryside Tour & Old Town Explorer is not recommended for guests with more than 90 kg or seniors with more than 65 years old.
- Surcharge 30 usd if pick up from Tien Sa Sea Port.
- Surcharge 25 usd if pick up from Danang Intercontinental Resort.
- Only recommended guests to bring Camera and money enough for personal expense.
- We do not responsible for any personal belongings(wallet,watch,bag…).
- Surcharge 12 usd/guest if request for HoiAn Lantern Makings at the town.
- Surcharge 15 usd/guest if requested cooking class at Coconut Forest.
- Surcharge 10 usd/guest if requested HoiAn Water Puppet Show.